FCA Needs Character Coaches!
Do you have a passion for discipleship? Do you have a passion for area school sports?
Local Middle Schools and High Schools need Character Coaches to encourage, disciple, and LOVE their sports teams. In this role, you have the opportunity to mentor and spiritually lead young people in your community!
The first step is to complete FCA's Ministry Leader Application (MLA). You can complete this by clicking on the following link - https://mla.fca.org/apply.
Below is a list of guidelines for prospective Character Coaches to consider. Should you have questions, please contact Vicky Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-889-8808. Thank you in advance for your interest in serving with FCA!
FCA Character Coach Responsibilities
1. Pray for your coaches and players on a regular basis.
2. Schedule the best time and location of an FCA Chapel with the Head Coach.
3. Connect and communicate with your Head Coach on a weekly basis.
4. Recruit and schedule speakers for weekly FCA Chapels who understand the following guidelines:
- Be Bible Based/Christ Centered - Be Focused - Be Simple
- Be Brief - Be Positive - Be Flexible
- Be Personal/Real/Transparent - Be Teachable
5. Be present at each team chapel to introduce the speaker.
6. Communicate with the local FCA Staff at least 1-2 times/month (phone, email, text).
7. Implement FCA's One-Way-2-Play (OW2P) Program and return card to FCA Staff within a week.
8. Visit with the Head Coach at the end of the season for an evaluation of the FCA Chapels.
1. Visit your team's practice at least once/week.
2. Attend as many games as your schedule allows.
3. Recruit a group of people to serve as prayer warriors for your team.
4. Provide your team refreshments (water, popsicles, Gatorade, etc) at one of their practices.
5. Lead a Coaches Bible Study at your school.